BRONTE PARK

VILLAGE

378 Marlborough Highway, Bronte Park, Tasmania
Phone: 0409 826 524


 
HOME | ACCOMMODATION | BAR | HISTORY | FISHING | WILDLIFE | ATTRACTIONS | PHOTOS | EVENTS |CONTACT | BOOKINGS>













     HISTORY


 

HISTORY


Bronte Park was established by the Hydro Electric Commission in the late 1940´s as a construction village for the development of the Tungatinah scheme and other associated works in the vicinity.

Most of the homes have been removed leaving 19 cottages, the Chalet and a small general store. Denis and Robin Wiss and their family purchased the village in 1991 from the Hydro Electric Commission, after having leased the property since 1978. In 2005 the Wiss family moved on. The Carmichael and Bailey families ran the property from 2005 until January 2009.

From January 2009 Bronte Park Highland Village has been operating under new management. Under the new management Bronte Park Highland Village has come back to life enjoying numbers that have not been seen since the departure of the Wiss family in 2005.

The village is set in a farm-like environment with various domestic and native animals providing attractions. Bronte Park offers a range of accommodation options including cottages and chalet (motel style) rooms. We offer extensive tourism information, a gift shop, restaurant and bar facilities.